Early incentive structure

In my opinion, the onboarding of work capacity is one of the biggest factors in getting a more robust network that paying publishers would use. In the current model, since there is no payed work, the highest incentive is genesis pool with the monthly payouts. As a pool operator, I am risking many tokens and hardware cost with much less incentive than genesis pool. I personally am willing to take the leap of faith but it feels like the onboarding of work capacity will be faster if there were incentives to do so instead of genesis pool being the only guaranteed ROI.

Would love community feedback on this especially from reputable members such as @Santiago_Velez

I agree, the current Genesis staking program in the context of no publishers on the network is a counter-incentive to worker deployments. That being said, the best way to ameliorate this is to onboard a publisher as soon as possible, else create a staking program on behalf of the workers and route VID that would have gone through Genesis pool to other worker pools. This should be technically possible with VIDPOOL.

Just as with eliminating token volatility from publishers, this is an issue with worker nodes at the moment as there is a 21 day unbonding period for direct stake (huge volatility risk) and no unbonding period for delegated stake (low volatility risk). The risk would be well worth taking if there was a reward (potential work), which there currently is not. How can you convince token holders to take this big risk locking in their tokens when the obvious choice to put their tokens is in genesis pool?

1 Like

It would be very much appreciated if we could get guidance or even acknowledgement on some of the more sensitive topics pertaining to workers. We are sent to the forums for discussion but not all topics are addressed which could lead to alienating the people that support the project. From my own personal point of view, I have invested heavily into tokens and hardware with the goal of both supporting and boosting the network at a crucial time. There are a lot of unknowns moving forward and it would be very appreciated if we could get more clarity and transparency. I personally am not an expert in tech, blockchain, or even video encoding and feel that I can’t make the best choices in where investments should go without a roadmap of things to come. It is understood that we are not owed anything in terms of a response, but this thread has been active for 15 days without an official reply from a VC staff member. We as 3rd party workers are not part of the team but in my opinion it would be better if we were working as a unit towards the same goals.

1 Like

Guys I am sorry that no one answered this thread. From what I heard they are working on new incentive’s for workers. Please be patient!

Hey @BluBlu @Santiago_Velez we know this problem exists and we’re actively looking at ways to solve it. We may request to jump on a call with you as early as next week and discuss potential solutions.

Please be patient and hang in there. We are working hard to find ways to solve this.

Thank you for the update Deva, I’m still 100% committed and am excited to be a part of the process.