ERROR while executing docker run

I can’t start a worker. I use Ubuntu. This is what im getting:

time="2020-05-27T20:58:01.584816552Z" level=fatal msg="abi: improperly formatted output:\b\xc3y\xa0\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00.......

Welcome to the forum. Have you been following the steps in this guide?

Well, yes.

I copy pasted from eth wallet to vars.env
I put my password in there as the ne worker id.

Pulled docker image. On start of container (run command) I got an error.

Is env file should be saved in some special way like enviromental variables or something?

Or shoud I put abcolute path to vars.env file? I execute run command from directory where vars.env file is located

I didn’t perform this step, is it mandatory?:
You can use your publisher wallet to send in ERC20, which is automatically bridged to a native VID. Once the native VID is bridged and available, you can move it into your Worker address using the VideoCoin Bridge tool. Since the bridge tool is going to be public at the Everest Release, you can send an email to [support@videocoin.io](mailto:support@videocoin.io) to get your transaction processed.

Yes. Did you use the fund command first? You need to bridge ERC-20 token into the videocoin network for wattage payments (this is our version of GAS)

What is the command? I don’t see such in a guide.

And also I need to write an email to support that will include my eth wallet address, right?

Some help on that will be much appreciated. We have one rack of idle servers in data center that We would like to put into work for that project and test it as soon as possible.

Hi alloko,

Are you familiar with the Worker Self Staking procedure. If not please take a look at the following doc:

You need to complete the steps in the above document, before using the worker. If you already finished the registration and satisfied self-stake minimum, please share your worker’s Ethereum Account. I will look at the issue

You do not need to write any email. We updated the worker staking document to use a docker image. Follow the instruction to for self-staking. your Ethereum account will be added to VideoCoin blockchain staking database on . Then you can run the worker and it starts getting work after approval period.

The staking requirements are indicated at the following location:

https://videocoin.network/rewards

I am stuck at the same error. Because I cant wrap my head around the “Worker self staking”. The Guide is good but what is the >secret> of the following command?

$ docker run --rm -it --env=“ETH_RPC_URL=<ethereum_mainnet_rpc_url>” -v $PWD:/tmp videocoinnetwork/staker fund -k /tmp/ -s >secret>

@Ram_Penke Can you help with this request?

Hi Philip,
In the command <secret> is the password for your Ethereum key-file i.e. <worker-key-file> indicated in the command.

$ docker run --rm -it --env="ETH_RPC_URL=<ethereum_mainnet_rpc_url>" -v $PWD:/tmp videocoinnetwork/staker fund <amount> -k /tmp/<worker-key-file> -s <secret>

The format of the Ethereum key-file is shown in the Setup section of the Worker Self Staking document. The file contains your Ethereum mainnet account’s private key in encrypted form. The <secret> is the password to the key-file, which is used to decrypt your private key. The decrypted private key is required by the staker tool to sign the transactions that transfer your ERC-20 VID Tokens from Ethereum Mainnet to VideoCoin Network.
For an in depth details of the Ethereum key-file and password, you may look take a look at the details of the ethkey tool.